Many guys today are very interested in beards and in growing a great beard or even just a mustache. However, a lot of men don’t know how to go about growing a beard, what this implies and what they can do to make it grow faster.
Taking a beard takes not only time, but it also takes preparation, a mindset, patience and dedication to maintaining your beard.
In this guide, we take a look at how to prepare yourself for your new look, both emotionally and physically, at how to make sure your beard is stylish and not messy and at what you can do to help your facial hair grow faster.
Growing a beard is not something that happens overnight, so the first thing you need to know about growing a beard is that it takes commitment. It varies from man to man how fast and how dense his beard will grow, and the waiting process might be a little annoying to some.
When it comes to reasons, there are many motives why men grow their beards: some guys simply want to be the exception to the norm, while others simply want to save shaving time. Whatever your reason is, remember that if you like and want to have a beard, you are entitled to, and, as long as it is not causing anyone any real issues, you should go for it.
The great thing about growing a beard to experiment with your looks is that, even though it takes days, sometimes weeks to grow, a beard can be taken off in just a few minutes. If you decide to shave it off abruptly, you will still know what it is like to grow a beard and that you have given it a go.
Setting a date
Some men find it useful to set a date. If you feel this is something that would help, set a six-week goal, or whatever works for you, and mark it in your calendar. Decide not to completely shave your beard until that day (but always groom and shampoo it) and use that day to decide what to do next. You can decide to set a new deadline, take it down or give it a new shape, the choice is yours.
Styling and grooming
Once you have decided to grow a beard or a just a mustache, especially if you have not done it before, you need to decide on a style. While it is important to decide on a shape, you don’t need to decide on the first day. However, once the beard starts growing, you should make a decision and trim your beard accordingly.
When you are growing a beard and it is starting to come together, make sure that you don’t trim it right away. Let it grow wild for a few days or a week (depending on the speed with which your beard is growing) and see what your beard’s natural shape and development style is. This way, you will be able to style it better in the future, as you will know what you are dealing with.
Once you have decided on giving your beard a shape (which is something that should happen as soon as possible, you don’t want to look like a caveman), make sure that you get the proper equipment. An electrical trimmer is probably that is going to be very easy to use, very handy and you will also be able to carry it around when going on a trip, as most trimmers are light and small.
Regardless of whether you want to grow a full beard or a goatee, you should start off by letting everything grow for a few days or even a few weeks if it takes longer for you to grow a beard. The reason behind this is that if you are not growing it all for a longer time before starting to style it according to your wishes, you might end up cutting off more than you want. Also, having more to work with is better than having less “raw material”.
After you have grown a decent raw beard, you can start shaping it. You should define a neck line along the bottom of your beard around the neck. This is best done by a barber or professional stylist, so don’t be shy to go to one who can show you how you can do it by yourself.
The most important thing when caring for your beard is to make sure you give it an outline and a shape. Regardless of the style of beard you have, always remember to define its outline and its volume! A well-defined outline and a well-defined volume make the difference between a caveman beard and a beard belonging to a man of the 21st century.
After they decide to grow a beard, many men have issues with itching. What you should know is that this is just a temporary phase and that it can be solved. Keeping your beard clean is something you should do no matter what: always make sure you shampoo it and, if necessary, use some conditioner too.
In case you need more relief, apply a little baby oil or moisturizing lotion to the areas where you experience the itch. Alternatively, you can ask your doctor to use a hydrocortisone cream. This can relieve the itching, but it can have some negative effects as well, so only apply it under your doctor’s supervision.
How to grow a beard faster
There are a few things you can do to make your beard grow faster:
Care for your skin
– The first thing you should do is care for your face well: Always remember to wash your face and to exfoliate your skin. Removing dead skin cells with actually stimulate the growth of new hairs.
– Another thing you should do is moisturizing. Our recommendation is to use a moisturizer with eucalyptus. These products generally help hair grow faster on your face.
– Moreover, make sure you wash your face regularly, as clean skin encourages your beard to grow.
– To help your beard grow, you should get a lot of sleep too. While you sleep, your damaged skin cells repair and therefore promote beard growth.
– Exercising and practicing sports is also a great way to stimulate the growth of your beard. Engaging in physical activities will release stress and scientists have noticed that that beards grow faster when you are relaxed.
– Exercising also improves blood circulation to the face, which also encourages hair growth.
Take supplements and vitamins
– If you don’t have time to sleep more or practice more sports, there are some supplements and vitamins you can take. For example, taking biotin daily will increase the growth of hair of your hair and nails. 2.5 mg of biotin taken daily will definitely make your beard grow faster. Biotin can be often bought in the form of supplements which you can purchase from a health food store or a vitamin shop.
– To help your beard grow faster, you can also eat products and use beauty creams that incorporate vitamin B. More specifically, look for products that contain vitamins B1, B6 and B12, as they are known for encouraging hair growth.
– Another thing you can do is to increase the amount of protein in your diet. Meat, fish, eggs and nuts are all foods that contain protein, which will help your facial hair grow faster.
– Last but not least, make sure you eat enough fruits and vegetables. Your hair cannot grow without the proper nutrients, and fruits and vegetables provide your body with a series of vitamins and minerals your body needs to grow hair.
If you are growing a beard, what you need to remember is that each man is different and that each guy has his own rhythm and hair growing tempo. The thing you need to do is to have fun with it, to discover what works for you and what doesn’t because growing a beard can be not only a re-styling process, but a process of self-discovery and personal style development as well.
Fraquoh and Franchomme
P.S. Do you like to grow a beard? How do you make your beard grow faster? Share your thoughts in the comments below! For more articles on style, fashion tips and cultural insights, you can subscribe to Attire Club via e-mail or follow us on Facebook or Twitter!