We love to offer fashion advice and style guides to our readers and we know you enjoy them (we always read your comments and are grateful for them). Today though, we want to bring to your attention a collection of fashion tips by designers and other styling and fashion professionals from around the world. We have put this collection together and think it’s really cool!
Here you have tips on clothes, styling, maintaining and so much more! Read the quotes and then give us your advice on getting a wonderful style!
We have gathered quotes of styling wisdom from people like Tom Ford, Dries Van Noten, Michael Kars and many more, and here they are (we saved our favorite for the end):
1. “To remove watermarks from leather boots, add a few drops of vinegar to a bowl of cool water and scrub the stains with a soft bristle brush until stains are no longer visible. Let dry overnight.” — Daryl Carr, Marketing Coordinator at Stetson
2. “Keep your jacket buttoned. Always. It’s just really flattering—it will take pounds off you.” — Tom Ford
3. “Never dry a wet shoe with heat. Let it dry naturally in open air. Heat will dry out leather and the lifespan of the shoe will be cut in half.” —Jordan Adoni, Designer at Modern Vice
4. “I don’t believe in playing around much with suit cuts. I like a fairly classic shape that gives a man strong shoulders, a fitted waist, and long legs. Classic simplicity always works.” — Tom Ford
5. “The best way to store fashion jewelry, including Sterling Silver, is in Ziploc bags. This helps pieces retain luster and reduces tarnishing and scratches.”—Jordann Weingartner, Founder of I Love Jewelry Auctions
6. “Never put a garment on immediately after ironing, as this can actually cause new wrinkles to form. Instead, let it sit for five minutes to set the press.” — Althea Harper, Designer and Rowenta Brand Ambassador
7. “Never put your swimwear in the washing machine, and always hand dry. The machine will damage the suit and it will lose its elasticity. The only exception: At the end of the summer or vacation, wash your swimwear in lingerie washing bags on the gentle cycle with a bit if Drift or Woolite. But only after many wears.” —Shoshanna Gruss, Designer
8. Remove white deodorant marks from a garment by gently rubbing the protective foam used on hangers against the fabric.” — Jonathan Simkhai, designer
9. “Always organize your clothes going light to dark from left to right in your closet. Your eye will follow the color and thus help you stay organized.” — Melanie Charlton Fascitelli, Founder, Clos-ette and Clos-ette Too
10. “If you don’t have time to try on jeans in the store, try the Neck Method: You can determine your size by placing the waistline of the jeans around the diameter of your neck. If the waistline of the pant comfortably meets at back of your neck, then the jeans will fit.”— Sarah Ahmed, Creative Director, DL1961 Premium Denim
11. “Have a light touch when it comes to color. Maybe start with just a tie or a shirt. You don’t want a colorful shirt, jacket, and pants. You always have to have a balance color, like black, navy, khaki, or white, to temper the brighter tones.” — Tommy Hilfiger
12. “On a young guy, two days of not shaving looks very cool. But as you get older, it looks like you’re trying too hard, especially when you’re going gray. A proper beard is fine.” — Paul Smith
13. “People shouldn’t notice what you’re wearing before they notice you. You want people to register you first. ‘Oh, what a nice jacket’ should be an afterthought if you’re doing it right.” — Michael Kors
17. “The best style advice came from my parents: Be honest. Just be yourself.”—Stefano Gabbana
Fraquoh and Franchomme
P.S. Which one was your favorite? What advice do you have? Share your thoughts below!
Also, if you liked the quotes, you can subscribe to our site or share the article on your social media sites!